Paul Schaeflein has worked with Microsoft’s SharePoint technologies since it was called the Digital Dashboard. This work encompasses substantial custom development, implementations and training. Also, Paul was granted the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award for his community work – primarily presentations at national conferences, regional events and user groups.
- For a Fortune Global 500 company, designed and implemented the software development process to build and deploy SharePoint Add-ins into a regulated production environment.
- For a large life-sciences company: Implemented the federation system to support Office 365; Designed, developed and implemented the provisioning process for SharePoint Development virtual machines in Azure; Architected and implemented multiple SharePoint farms.
- Co-authored and presented Office 365 training material for the Office 365 Summits for Microsoft.
- Provided solution architecture and development guidance for the migration of SharePoint sites to SharePoint Online (SPO). As part of a corporate mandate to move to the cloud, dozens of on-premises farms were consolidated to a single SPO tenancy (the largest SPO tenancy in the world).
- Designed and developed Apps for SharePoint 2013 that included workflows in support of the project management office of a leading diversified manufacturer of specialized equipment.
- Created architectural design for a suite of internal, intranet applications to be hosted on SharePoint 2013 via the App Model to replace and upgrade existing applications hosted on SharePoint 2010 and ASP.Net.
Architected and built SharePoint Apps for SharePoint 2013 for a city government running a hybrid farm.
- Assisted with the architecture and implementation of integration components for a Records Management system. This work consisted of substantial user interface customizations as well as processes to query and update large amounts of SharePoint content.
- Migrated several SharePoint 2010 projects to SharePoint 2013 for presentation at the SharePoint Evolution Conference. The projects consisted of SharePoint-hosted apps, provider-hosted apps as well as farm solutions.
- Implemented Claims-mode authentication in SharePoint 2010 for numerous clients. This includes creation of SharePoint claim providers to enhance the people-picker experience.
- Led the project team creating student and faculty intranet for a private, mid-size university. The intranet leverages many components of SharePoint, including publishing pages, collaborations sites, user profiles, legacy system integration via BCS, enterprise search and managed metadata services.
- Worked on the portal replacement project for a Fortune 500 company, focusing on extranet authentication(via claims) and Business Connectivity Services (BCS) integration.
- Performed the technical review of the course “Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Applications” (10232A) from Microsoft Learning.
- Managed the development team for an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) creating add-on products for SharePoint customers. This product is fully integrated in the SharePoint user interface and provides critical functionality for its customer base.
- Developed and implemented a portal site for a professional services firm. This portal integrated the built-in SharePoint lists and document libraries and many different legacy systems to provide a single starting point for retrieving information for the staff. This implementation also leverages Search Server express.
- Developed site definitions and themes for a SharePoint-based hosted solution for schools/teachers.
- Development of many custom SharePoint components, including timer jobs, event receivers and web parts.
|Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP)||Office Development||Jul 2017|
|Office Server and Services||Apr 2015
|SharePoint Server||Apr 2009
|Microsoft Certified Professional Developer||SharePoint Developer 2010||Jun 2010|